The Developer Guide
As a first step take a look into at the current todo tasks
and of course into the Documentation
After checking out via:
svn co https://gstpl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gstpl/trunk
you have to do the following steps to get gstpl running on your machine:
- Open all 4 subprojects: gstpl-main, gstpl-server, peathal and packer.
- First: Clean and build the packer and peathal. (Resolving reference problems should not be necessary anymore, but if you cannot compile a project: right click on the project -> 'Resolve Reference Problems')
- Second Clean and build gstpl-server.
- Decide if you want to use db4o or a sql database backed by cayenne mapping framework. With the following ant task: Simple right click build.xml (In the 'Files' tab in netbeans5.5) and then 'Run task' + 'move cayenne -> db4o'.
- As Last 'Clean and Build' gstpl-main.
- Start gstpl with F6 -> From the dialog choose 'Start Server'.
- Run the junit tests for gstpl-main: Open e.g. de.gstpl.Startup.java. Press ALT + F6.
- If the test are (mostly) succesfull you can try to start gstpl's GUI with F6 again, but now choose 'Try again' from the startup dialog.
We should register here:
If we increase member size. This is a great feature to communicate over the web.
Application Programming Interface (API)
What about Cayenne and Db4o?
- SQL Database Test
- Test Startup
- GUI Testing